DuBay formulated a listed of golden rules that should be followed when writing.
(1) short, simple words
(2) familiar words
(3) culture-neutral and gender-neutral language
(4) simple sentences written in the active voice and present tense
(5) simple graphical elements such as bulleted lists and numbered steps, which make content visually accessible to the reader
(6) active verbs to start instructions
(7) correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.