A person who uses vibration plates to tone muscles may develop a number of problems.
Types of problems:
(1) friction burns (abrasions)
(2) folliculitis, including Staphylococcus aureus infection
(3) purpura or other bruising
Risk factors for a problem:
(1) coagulopathy (including aspirin or anticoagulant)
(2) prolonged exposure
(3) more intense exposure
(4) improper technique (wrong posture, etc)
(5) contact sensitivity
(1) There is a skin disorder in the distribution where the plates make contact.
(2) The onset was after starting the exercise or increasing the regimen.
(3) The disorder regresses when the exposure stops.
(4) There is no other explanation for the finding.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Surgery, orthopedic