After an active shooter event a number of actions should be taken by a company.
Immediately after the incident:
(1) Identify all persons involved.
(2) Identify those injured or killed.
(3) Notify family members of victims.
(4) Make sure that all evidence has been collected.
(5) Interact with the media.
(6) Screen persons for psychological impact and refer affected persons to a specialist.
(1) Identify gaps in the workforce and fill.
(2) Assist affected families.
(3) Analyze and document events.
(4) Modify the Emergency Action Plan based on lessons learned.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Clinical Laboratory