Features of Turner and Noonan Syndromes may overlap, but there are often features that can help to distinguish the two conditions.
Overlapping features include:
(1) short stature
(2) cardiac abnormalities
(3) webbed neck
(4) renal abnormalities
Features of Turner syndrome:
(1) almost all patients are female
(2) different facial dysmorphism
(3) much lower rate of developmental delay
(4) heart defects are typically left-sided
(5) different pattern of renal involvements
Chromosomal analysis is the definitive test for distinguish the two syndromes.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.