The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has listed indications for growth hormone therapy in pediatric and adult patients.
(1) growth hormone deficiency
(2) short stature with chronic renal failure
(3) short stature secondary to Prader-Willi Syndrome
(4) short stature associated with Turner Syndrome
(5) small for gestational age (SGA) at birth who have not reached a normal height range by age 2
(6) idiopathic short stature (ISS) > 2.25 SD below mean in height and unlikely to catch up in growth
(1) adults with growth hormone deficiency
(2) adults with AIDS wasting
(1) children with AIDS wasting
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Endocrinology, Clinical Laboratory