Some patients will develop signs of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following a stroke.
Patient selection: status post stroke
Factors that may contribute to PTSD following a stroke:
(1) severity of the stroke and residual deficit
(2) severe stress during the stroke evolution
(3) ICU admission
(4) disordered sleep
(5) ongoing fatigue
(7) deficits in cortisol release
(8) maladaptive coping strategies
(9) socioeconomic problems precipitated by the stroke
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.