Tremor can impact the quality of life of a patient.
The severity of the tremor correlates with the level of disability, which may impact eating, drinking, writing, walking, etc.
Other factors impacting the quality of life:
(1) fear of falling (if lower extremities affected)
(3) social withdrawal and isolation including home confinement
(5) other psychiatric responses (apathy, anxiety, etc)
(6) lack of emotional support
(7) negative economic impact if unable to work
(8) factors related to the cause of the tremor (Parkinson's disease, etc)
(9) interference with sleep
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.