Endocarditis can have a significant impact on a patient's quality of life (QOL).
The current status of the endocarditis will impact the patient:
(1) cured without need for ongoing therapy
(2) cured with the need for anticoagulation or other ongoing therapy
(3) not cured and requiring ongoing therapy
(1) cognitive impairment (difficulty concentrating, memory loss, etc)
(2) stroke sequelae
(4) chest pain
(1) post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
(2) anxiety if ongoing problems exist
(3) drug abuse or other factors that the basis for the endocarditis
(1) ability to work
(2) economic impact
(3) social impact, especially in activities that can be pursued
(4) need for assistance
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.