Exercise may be associated with pulmonary hypertension.
Criteria for exercise-induced pulmonary hypertension - all of the following:
(1) mean pulmonary artery pressure > 30 mm Hg at a cardiac output < 10 L/min
(2) total pulmonary vascular resistance > 3 Wood units
(3) during maximum exercise but absent at rest
Conditions associated with exercise-induced pulmonary hypertension:
(1) systemic sclerosis
(2) disorders of the left heart
(3) chronic lung disease
(4) chronic pulmonary thromboembolism
(5) bone morphogenetic receptor-2 gene mutation
(1) pulmonary vasoconstriction
(2) pulmonary vascular remodeling
(3) increased upstream transmission of pulmonary venous pressure
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Cardiology, Pulmonology