Headache triggered by sports or exercise may be a problem for some athletes.
An important cause of headache in athletes is post-traumatic headache associated with concussion and traumatic brain injury.
Other causes for headache in an athlete:
(1) migraine, including contact-related headache (migraine triggered by physical contact)
(3) tension-related headache
(4) Chiari type 1 malformation
(5) primary exertional headache (headache triggered by strenuous exercise)
(6) intra-cranial vascular or mass lesion, including an aneurysm
(7) other headache disorder (cluster, analgesic abuse, etc)
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.