One group of con games involves implicating the mark in a criminal act.
(1) The con man approaches the mark about a scheme.
(2) The scheme involves an illegal activity, either at the outset or during the course of the con.
(3) The mark cannot go to the police because then it would reveal the illegal activity.
This is particularly effective with:
(1) a person on probation
(2) an illegal alien
(3) a foreign traveler
(1) receipt of stolen property
(2) concealing money for evading taxes or money laundering
(3) insurance fraud
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.