A patient with persistent fatigue may need to learn ways to conserve the amount of energy available.
(1) Reset goals and prioritize activities.
(2) Postpone nonessential activities.
(3) Delegate when possible.
(1) Schedule key activities for times of peak energy.
(2) Develop a structured daily routine.
(3) Pace yourself.
Optimize energy available:
(1) Treat conditions that may contribute to fatigue (see previous section).
(2) Do not let naps interfere with sleep at night.
(3) Rest and relax, including use of distractions.
(4) Be as physically active as possible.
(5) Identify and use labor-saving devices.
(6) Ask for assistance when needed.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.