The Drug Abuse Screening Test (DAST-10) can be used to screen a patient for substance abuse.
Copyright: Dr Harvey Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) used drugs other than those required for medical reasons
(2) abuse more than one drug at a time
(3) unable to stop abusing drugs when desired
(4) had a blackout or flashback as a result of drug use
(5) ever feel bad or guilty about drug use
(6) spouse or parent has complained about drug use
(7) neglected family because of drug use
(8) engaged in illegal activities in order to obtain drugs
(9) ever felt withdrawal symptoms when drug usage stopped
(10) ever had a medical problem as a result of drug use
total score =
= SUM(points for all of the parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 10
Degree of Problem
1 or 2
3 to 5
6 to 8
9 or 10
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.