The tears may become discolored for a number of reasons.
orange or red
brown, red or orangs
red to brown
Possible causes of tear discoloration::
(1) silver in argyria
(2) porphyrins in congenital erythropoietic porphyria (may require standing in light)
(1) What is the color?
(2) How long have the tears been discolored?
(3) Did any event precede the appearance?
(4) What drugs or chemicals has the patient been exposed to?
(5) What diagnoses does the patient have?
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.