Vulvovaginal varicosities are an uncommon finding that may be transient or persistent, depending on the cause.
Causes of vulvovaginal varicosities include:
(1) vascular malformation
(2) pelvic congestion syndrome (with chronic pelvic pain)
(5) pelvic mass with venous compression
(6) venous thrombosis
Evaluation may include:
(1) a history of how and when the varicosities arose
(2) examination of the lower extremities for varicose veins
(3) ultrasonography of pelvic veins
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology