The occurrence of psychosis in the postpartum period may associated with a wide range of disorders.
Psychological disorders that may be associated with postpartum depression:
(1) postpartum depression
(2) psychotic disorder
(3) bipolar disorder
Other disorders that need to be considered:
(1) adverse drug effect
(2) anti-N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (anti-NMDAR) encephalitis
(3) autoimmune disease (thyroiditis with thyrotoxicosis, cerebral vasculitis/encephalitis)
(5) eclampsia-related encephalitis
(6) hepatic encephalopathy
(7) infectious encephalitis
(8) paraneoplastic encephalitis
(9) substance abuse, including withdrawal
(10) urea cycle disorder
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.