Palinopsia is a persistent or recurrent visual image that occurs after the exciting stimulus has stopped. It can occur with a number of conditions.
Differential diagnosis of palinopsia:
drugs of abuse (LSD, mescaline, other hallucinogens)
(2) medicaitons (trazodone, nefazodone, clomiphene citrate)
(3) acute migraine
(4) demyelinating optic neuritis
(7) Kartagener syndrome
(8) laser therapy for diabetic macular edema
(9) Leber hereditary optic neuropathy
(10) lesion of the temporal, parietal and/or occipital lobes
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.