The presence of certain conditions can result in oscillopsia, which is an illusion that things are moving back and forth when they are standing still.
Conditions associated with oscillopsia:
(1) drugs (ethanol, barbiturates, seizure medications, other)
(2) multiple sclerosis
(3) head trauma
(5) intermittent exotropia
(6) myokymia of the eyelid
(7) opsoclonus and ocular flutter
(8) dissection of the vertebral artery
(9) lesion affecting pathway for the vestibuloocular reflex
(10) lesion of the medial longitudinal fasciculus affecting the ipsilateral medial rectus muscle
(12) other causes of nystagmus
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.