A number of conditions may be associated with deep-set eyes.
Conditions associated with deeply set eyes include:
(1) Cockayne syndrome (associated with optic hypoplasia and cachexia)
(2) Craniocarpotarsal syndrome (Freeman-Sheldon syndrome)
(4) Marfan's syndrome
(5) mesodermal dysmorphodystrophy (Weill-Machesani syndrome)
(6) oculocerebrorenal syndrome )Lowe syndrome)
(8) blepharophimosis with myopathy
In severe cachexia there is less retro-orbital fat, which can result in the eyes appearing "sunken."
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.