A number of bleeding disorders may be associated with normal prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT).
Coagulation factor disorders:
(2) Factor 13 (XIII) deficiency
(3) mild deficiency in one or more coagulation factors, especially if part of a mixed disorder
Platelet and vascular disorders:
(1) qualitative platelet disorder (platelet dysfunction), including von Willebrand's disease and drug effects
(3) vascular disorder
(4) elevated fibrin degradation products
(5) monoclonal gammopathy (may be associated with acquired von Willebrand's disease)
(1) deficiency in alpha-2-antiplasmin
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Hematology Oncology, Clinical Laboratory