Diagnostic criteria for hidradenitis suppurativa were proposed at the Second International Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Research Symposium in 2009.
Clinical criteria – all of the following:
(1) typical lesions (see below)
(2) typical locations involved (see below)
(3) chronic condition with recurrent episodes
Typical lesions – one or more of the following:
(1) deep-seated painful nodules (blind boils)
(3) draining sinuses
(4) bridged scars
(5) tombstone open comedones
(5) perianal region
(7) infra and/or inter-mammary folds
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Purpose: To evaluate a patient for hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) using the criteria from the Second International HS Research Symposium in 2009.
Specialty: Dermatology, Surgery, general
Objective: criteria for diagnosis