Integrilin (eptifibatide) is an inhibitor of the platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor. It inhibits platelet aggregation and may be indicated in patients with the acute coronary syndrome.
dosing body weight in kg =
= MIN(body weight in kilograms, 121)
IV Bolus Loading Dose
Continuous Infusion Dose
< 2 mg/dL
180 µg per kg dosing BW
2.0 µg per kg per minute
2.0 to 4.0 mg/dL
1.0 µg per kg per minute
> 4 mg/dL
• The bolus is given immediately upon making the diagnosis.
• The continuous infusion is started right after administering the bolus.
Drug solutions available in 100 mL vials:
(1) 2 mg/mL (200 mg per vial)
(2) 0.75 mg/mL (75 mg per vial)
Duration of infusion:
(1) acute coronary syndrome: until hospital discharge or CABG surgery, up to 72 hours. The infusion should be discontinued prior to CABG surgery.
(2) percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI): until hospital discharge or for 18-24 hours after the PCI, up to 96 hours
In addition patients are often treated with both:
(1) aspirin 160-325 mg po per day
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Pharmacology, clinical, Cardiology