Yosipovitch et al developed scales to measure the impact of pruritus on a patient. The authors are from Rabin Medical Center and Tel Aviv University in Israel.
Time interval evaluated: past 6 months
(1) descriptor for itch sensation
(2) affective for impact
Descriptor scale elements:
(3) crawling like ants
Response for Each Item
• The scales could be modified by increasing the response levels such as minimal or extreme.
total score for descriptor scale =
= SUM(points for all 6 items)
total scale for affective scale =
= SUM(points for all 4 items)
• minimum scale scores: 0
• maximum descriptor scale: 18
• maximum affective scale: 12
• The higher the scale values the more intense the pruritus and the greater its impact.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.