Pillet et al reported a score for predicting deep infiltrating endometriosis in a woman undergoing surgery for an endometrioma. The authors are from multiple institutions in France.
Patient selection: woman undergoing surgery for an endometrioma
(1) 10 cm VAS score for dyspareunia or GI symptoms (pain on defecation during menstruation; intestinal cyclic pain)
(2) duration of pain in months
(4) infertility (absence of pregnancy after >= 12 months of unprotected intercourse)
dyspareunia or GI pain
dyspareunia > 5
GI pain >= 5
duration of pain
<= 24 months
> 24 months
total score =
= SUM(points for all of the parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 53
• The higher the score the greater the risk for deep infiltrating endometriosis.
< 13 (0 or 9)
13 to 34 (13 to 31)
>= 35 (13 + 13 + 9)
• The area under the ROC curve is 0.84.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology