John Braxton Hicks described uterine contactions in pregnant women not associated with active labor.
Features of Braxton Hicks contractions:
(1) The contractions occur at irregular intervals and do not become more frequent.
(2) The contractions are mild.
(3) The patient is able to continue walking or talking during the contraction.
(4) There are no accompanying cervical changes.
(5) The contractions may be abolished by sedation.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology