Patient misidentification can have a number of serious consequences for one or more patients.
A misidentified patient may:
(1) have unnecessary testing
(2) not have appropriate testing
(3) have wrong site surgery
(4) not have necessary surgery
(5) receipt of inappropriate chemoradiation
(6) failure to receive appropriate chemoradiation
(7) receipt of inappropriate medication
(8) failure to receive an appropriate medication
(10) transfusion of incompatible blood
(11) not receive a necessary blood product
(12) misinformation in the medical record
(13) receive an inappropriate bill
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.