Congenital plasminogen deficiency Type 1 may first be recognized by a bilateral conjunctivitis associated with abnormal fibrinolysis amd accumulation of subepithelial fibrin..
Chromosome location: 6q26
Inheritance: autosomal recessive
(1) ligneous conjunctivitis, with bilateral pseudomembranes on the tarsal conjunctiva with a wood-like consistency that may be white, yellowish or reddish in color
(2) similar lesions develop on the mucous membranes such as the mouth, nasopharynx, trachea and genital tract
(3) impaired wound healing of mucuous membranes
(4) variable congenital occlusive hydrocephalus
(5) variable juvenile colloid milium
(1) decreased serum plasminogen activity with decreased fibrinolysis
(2) decreased serum concentration of plasminogen antigen
The condition is not associated with increased thormboembolic events.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Hematology Oncology, Clinical Laboratory, Genetics