The inflammatory ocular hypertension syndrome (IOHS) can be caused by a number of conditions.
Conditions associated with inflammatory ocular hypertension syndrome:
(1) anterior uveitis caused by Herpes simplex
(2) Posner-Schlossman syndrome (glaucomatocyclitic crises)
(3) uveitis associated with sarcoidosis
(4) retinochoroiditis due to Toxoplasma gondii
(5) uveitis due to Cytomegalovirus
(6) endophthalmitis due to Listeria monocytogenes
(7) uveitis due to Treponemia pallidum (syphilis)
(8) other causes of uveitis with inflammation in the anterior chamber
Identifying the cause for IOHS can help to determine the most appropriate therapy and to determine the likely disease course.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.