Osteolysis of the orbit can occur due to a number of conditions.
Patient selection: osteolysis of the orbital bones
Differential diagnosis of orbital osteolysis:
(1) autoimmune disease
(2) congenital osteolysis
(5) meningocele and encephalocele
(8) other infection
(9) benign orbital tumor (neurofibroma, fibroma, other)
(10) malignant primary orbital tumor
(11) metastatic tumor
(12) intra-orbital cyst (dermoid, other)
(13) histiocytosis X
(14) disease in adjacent sinus (cyst, tumor, infection, etc)
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.