A large number of conditions may be associated with early satiety.
Gastric disorders associated with early satiety:
(2) peptic ulcer disease
(3) scleroderma (systemic sclerosis)
(4) gastric cancer
(5) gastric outlet obstruction
Diseases of other organs associated with early satiety:
(3) celiac disease
(4) urinary tract disorder (ureteropelvic junction obstruction, etc).
(5) cancer-related cachexia
Infection-related early satiety:
(1) peritonitis (including tuberculosis)
(2) Giardiasis or other gastrointestinal parasite
Post-operative or post-traumatic:
(1) gastric bypass (may involve release of enteric hormones)
(2) gastric banding
Miscellaneous causes of early satiety:
(3) associated with dyspepsia (with bloating, nausea, etc)
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Nutrition, Gastroenterology