Randolph et al developed the Concussion Symptom Inventory (CSI) to evaluate athletes for evidence of concussion following head injury. The authors are from multiple universities in the United States.
Patient selection: athlete with head injury
(3) dizziness and/or problems with balance
(6) feeling "in a fog"
(7) difficulty with concentration
(8) difficulty with memory (remembering)
(9) sensitivity to light
(10) sensitivity to noise
(11) blurred vision
(12) feeling "slowed down"
mild to moderate
moderate to severe
total score =
= SUM(points for all 12 parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 72
• The higher the score the more severe the symptoms associated with concussion.
• The score can be used to monitor recovery of an athlete who has sustained a concussion.
• The area under the ROC curve for CSI on Day 1 was 0.87.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Surgery, orthopedic, Neurology