Lying may be a compulsive activity for some people.
(1) The person lies habitually.
(2) Lying is done when there is no reason and even when it is harmful.
(3) The person feels like they have little personal control over the behavior.
(4) The person is bothered by the behavior and may feel shame.
(5) There is a tendency for some lies to be grandiose or even absurd.
(6) The behavior may be used to mask personal fears, insecurities or other issues.
(1) situational lying done for a reason
(2) pathologic lying associated with antisocial personality
(1) Munchausen syndrome
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.