Davies et al developed a simple comorbidity score for patients with chronic renal failure. The authors are from North Staffordshire Hospital in Stoke-on-Trent, England.
Patient selection: chronic renal failure undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis
(2) ischemic heart disease (angina, ECG change, history of AMI)
(3) peripheral vascular disease (including aortic, limb or cerebrovascular)
(4) left ventricular dysfunction with pulmonary edema not attributable to fluid overload
(5) diabetes mellitus
(6) systemic collagen vascular disease
(7) other (COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, tuberculosis, cirrhosis, asthma)
comorbidity score =
= SUM(points for all comorbid conditions)
• minimum score: 0 (or 1 if chronic renal failure included)
• maximum: 7 or more (if "other" is counted once or for each one present)
• The greater the number of cormorbid conditions the greater the comorbidity.
Number of Comorbid Conditions
Grade of Additional Comorbidities
1 or 2
3 or more
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Purpose: To measure comorbidities in a patient with chronic renal failure using the simple comorbidity score of Davies et al.
Objective: disease progression, comorbid conditions, quality of life
ICD-10: E27.2, I12, I13.1, K76.7, N15.0, N17, N18, N19, N99.0, O07.3, O07.8, O08.4, O75.8, O90.4, P00.1, P96.0, T79.5, Z49.1,