Diabetic cystopathy is a manifestation of diabetic autonomic neuropathy.
Changes that may occur:
(1) decreased sensation of bladder fullness and urgency
(2) detrusor hyperreflexia
(3) decreased muscle contractility
(1) decreased frequency in urination
(2) bladder distention which may be associated with overflow incontinence
(3) incomplete urination with residual urine
(4) poor stream with dribbling
Affected patients have an increased risk of urinary tract infections.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Nephrology, Clinical Laboratory