The parade ground fracture is a distinctive form of facial injury that can be seen in military recruits who collapse while on parade.
People who may develop the fracture:
(1) athletes without face protection
(2) bicyclists or motorcyclists
(1) history of falling face down
(2) presence of a laceration beneath the chin
(3) bilateral fractures of the mandibular condyles (heads)
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Otolaryngology, Emergency Medicine, General Surgery