Elena et al modified the CPSS of Such et al by expanding the genetic risk assessment of chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML). The authors are from multiple institutions in Spain and Germany.
Patient selection: chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML)
(1) percent bone marrow blasts (previously WHO subtype CMML-1 or CMML-2)
(2) FAB subtype of CMML based on the WBC count (myelodysplastic or myeloproliferative)
(3) genetic risk group of Elena et al
(4) RBC transfusion dependency (>= 1 RBC transfusion every 8 weeks for > 4 months)
blasts and promyelocytes in peripheral blood
blasts and promyelocytes in bone marrow
any (irrespective of blast count)
• Blast and promyelocyte counts >= 20% indicate acute leukemia.
percent bone marrow blasts
CMML-MD (WBC count < 13 * 10^9/L)
CMML-MP (WBC count >= 13 * 10^9/L)
RBC transfusion dependency
total score =
= SUM(points for all 4 parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 6
Median Overall Survival
> 144 months
2 or 3
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Hematology Oncology