Such et al reported a prognostic score that is specific for chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML). The authors are from multiple institutions in Spain and Germany.
Patient selection: chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML)
(1) WHO subtype (CMML-1 or CMML-2)
(2) FAB subtype of CMML based on the WBC count (myelodysplastic or myeloproliferative)
(3) cytogenetic risk level of Such et al
(4) RBC transfusion dependency (>= 1 RBC transfusion every 8 weeks for > 4 months)
blasts and promyelocytes in peripheral blood
blasts and promyelocytes in bone marrow
any (irrespective of blast count)
• Blast and promyelocyte counts >= 20% indicate acute leukemia.
CMML-MD (WBC count < 13 * 10^9/L)
CMML-MP (WBC count >= 13 * 10^9/L)
RBC transfusion dependency
total score =
= SUM(points for all 4 parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 5
Median Overall Survival
2 or 3
4 or 5
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Hematology Oncology