The Chelsea Critical Care Assessment Tool can be used to evaluate the physical status of a patient in the intensive care unit (ICU). The authors are from Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London.
Patient selection: patient in the ICU
(1) grip strength
(2) respiratory function
(4) moving within the bed (bed mobility)
(5) dynamic sitting (sitting balance)
(6) standing balance
(7) sit to stand
(8) transferring bed to chair
(10) supine to sitting on the edge of the bed
total score =
= SUM(points for all of the measures)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 50
• The higher the score the better the physical performance.
• Each of the measures can also be displayed on a radar chart.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.