A left-sided pneumothorax can result in changes to the electrocardiogram.
(1) low QRS amplitude in limb and precordial leads
(2) poor R-wave progression in the precordial leads
(3) increased ratio of QRS amplitude in aVF to I (> 2, associated with low QRS voltage in I)
(4) variation in changes with respirations
(5) reversal of changes after correction of pneumothorax
(1) acute myocardial infarction
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Cardiology, Pulmonology