The Cerebro-Oculo-Facio-Skeletal (COFS) Syndrome is a rare disorder that is within the spectrum of Cockayne syndrome.
Gene affected: ERCC6 (DNA excision repair protein), also affected in Cockayne syndrome B
Inheritance: autosomal recessive
(1) extreme microcephaly
(2) facial dysmorphism
(3) congenital cataracts
(4) neurogenic arthrogryposis (joint contractures)
(5) postnatal growth failure
(6) severe psychomotor retardation
(7) axial hypotonia and peripheral hypertonia
(8) neonatal feeding difficulties
(9) severe brain atrophy with cerebral calcifications
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.