Breast discomfort associated with exercise may impact how much a woman exercises and how much she enjoys it.
Factors associated with breast discomfort during exercise:
(1) large breasts
(2) wide excursion with "breast slap"
(3) engorgement, infection or other reason for tenderness
(4) improperly fitting bra
(1) An encapsulation sports bra is associated with less discomfort than a crop top.
(2) Breast elevation and compression decrease discomfort.
(3) Proper sizing and fitting.
(4) Identify and treat any underlying breast diease.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Surgery, orthopedic, Obstetrics & Gynecology