Being bored and distracted can cause a number of problems in the workplace.
Risk factors for boredom and distraction:
(1) repetitive tasks that are not challenging
(2) lack of oversight
(3) lack of personal motivation
(4) poor morale
(5) access to a more stimulating environment
(1) delay in detection of problems
(2) low productivity
(3) cognitive errors
(4) reduced overall quality of work
Ways to reduce boredom:
(1) change-up work assignments (rotate, alternate, etc)
(2) modify procedures to include tasks that involve worker engagement
(3) motivate workers with contests or competitions
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.