A number of factors may cause a person who is overweight to avoid or limit exercise. There is always a way if there is a will, either to exercise or to avoid exercise.
(1) work stress
(2) change in jobs
(3) chronic disability
(5) therapy side effects
(1) lack of adequate resources
(2) unable to get into a regular schedule
(3) lack of a partner or motivator
(4) traveling or vacation
(2) embarrassment or self-conscious about appearance or ability (common in women)
(3) frustration with seeming lack of progress
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Surgery, orthopedic, Nutrition