A stress echocardiography exam may or may not be appropriate for a patient following a revascularization procedure.
Patient selection: postrevascularization
Situations when appropriate:
(1) onset of signs and symptoms of cardiac ischemia
(2) revascularization incomplete
Situations where appropriateness is uncertain:
(1) 2 or more years after complete revascularization (CABG or PCI)
Situations when not appropriate:
(1) prior to cardiac rehabilitation without any other reason to do the study
(2) less than 2 years after complete revascularization (CABG or PCI)
• PCI is percutaneous coronary intervation
• CABG is coronary artery bypass graft surgery
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Cardiology, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation