Hemiatrophy refers to a unilateral loss of body mass in a number of anatomic locations. The authors are Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
Criteria for hemiatrophy:
(1) unilateral loss of body mass
(2) >= 2 body regions affected
Body regions evaluated:
• I am not sure if an (arm and hand) or (leg and foot) alone would qualify. The implementation will require an additional region be affected.
Risk factors for hemiatrophy involve some sort of early head injury:
(1) difficult delivery or perinatal complications
(2) severe febrile illness during infancy
(3) gunshot wound or other trauma to the head during childhood
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.