Gulen et al reported a risk assessment tool for anaphylaxis in a patient with systemic mastocytosis. The authors are from Karolinska University and Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Patient selection: systemic mastocytosis
(2) mastocytosis in the skin (MIS)
(3) baseline serum tryptase concentration
(5) total serum IgE level
mastocytosis in the skin
< 40 ng/mL
>= 40 ng/mL
total score =
= SUM(points for all 5 parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 10
• A score <= 2 is associated with a low probability of anaphylaxis.
• A score >= 3 is associated with a high probability of anaphylaxis.
• The area under the ROC curve is 0.81. The sensitivity was 86% and specificity 54%.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Hematology Oncology