Once registered, users have access to many functions and tools that support evaluation and improve productivity.
Operating the apps requires an internet connection. Inputs are not cached and the analytics and calculators do not work without an internet connection.
- Website at www.MedicalAlgorithms.com; most of our registered users prefer this interface.
- Mobile - iOS app in the App Store for iPhones and iPads; same content as on the website; layout and navigation is adjusted to screen size.
- Android app in Google Play for smartphones and tablets; same content as on the website; layout and navigation is adjusted to screen size.
- iFrame connection to your website.
- API access for third party systems and developers. See below for more options of institutional users.
Registration: registered users have access to selected functions and up to 100 calculations and documentations.
Subscriptions (coming soon): subscribers have unlimited access to all calculators, documentation, and premium tools for personalization. Currently all registered users and have access to all content and personalization options. Institutional subscriptions from university libraries and institutions will provide full access to all their members.
Searching for calculators:
- Screen and browse to identify suitable decision analytics by medical condition, keywords, references or ICD-10 codes.
- Algorithms with calculators are highlighted by a blue dot in front of the title. Analytics with only documentation and references do not have the blue dot.
- Select from our Packs on medical specialties and give you access to all analytics along the stages of diagnosis and treatment.
Refine your initial search results by specialty and objective using the additional selections on the left of the screening results.
You can choose from the following objectives and sub-objectives:
You can choose from the following specialties and sub-specialties, which are grouped according to the AMA Physician Specialty codes:
Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism
Family, General Practice
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Calculators will open in a new tab so you can keep your search results.
Selecting the right analytics
As a professional in clinical evaluation and analysis, your are provided a large number of medial calculators and clinical scores. It is your responsibility to select the decision support tool which fits the situation under review, the population and the specific situation at hand. We assist you in this selection by providing several user-friendly searching and browsing options.
Screen and browse allows you to identify suitable decision analytics by medical condition, keywords, references or ICD-10 codes.
Choose between screening algorithms with calculators or those algorithms without. Refine your initial search results by specialty and objective of the additional selections on the left of the listing.
- By specialty: our list of specialties and sub-specialties shows when clicking on the Specialty button.
- ICD-10 code: list of ICD-10 codes shows when clicking on the button.
- Medal Packs: Select from our Packs on medical specialties and give you access to all analytics along the stages of diagnosis and treatment. This is a systematically developed professional compilation to assist you with patient decisions for specific medical conditions. We are constantly adding new Specialty Packs to our platform.
- Guidelines: These provide all our analytics along the clinical workflow.
Calculators will open in a new tab so you can keep your search results.
All professionals are responsible for their selection of the right analytics from the algorithms we provide.
Top Algorithms – on the second line of tabs at the top of the website you see the Top analytics used by our audience. Hovering over the name shows a brief description of the purpose.
Calculator execution - Each calculator has three sections:
Title section: this is where you can see relevant information about the application and the condition under review.
Evaluation section: here is the input data of the patient that is required to compute the results of the predictive algorithm. Inputs are restricted to realistic value ranges. If your inputs are extreme, you get a warning message. If your inputs are out of range, the calculation will not proceed.
Results section: shows automatically when the evaluation is submitted and all inputs are correct. If the Results are not shown, please check your inputs.
Each algorithm includes a short description explaining its purpose. You execute an algorithm by entering your relevant evaluations into the data interface and submit it to obtain the results. Input values are range-checked and warning messages displayed if your inputs are outside realistic ranges. Calculators do not run if inputs are outside the defined range. The analytics require an internet connection. Data inputs are not cached. If you observe an issue on one of the analytics, we welcome your feedback. We will respond and fix any problems immediately.
Interpretation and Description – this section provides you with background on the scientific studies behind the analytics. All studies and the original papers have been peer-reviewed. Our team of physicians and seasoned software engineers with healthcare experience have rigorously tested our calculators. If you observe an issue on one of the analytics, we welcome your feedback. We will respond and fix any problems immediately.
Your individual needs: you can save the results, store the algorithm as a favorite, create individualized paths of series of analytics, print, email, save and forward any calculator to an email address or explore our suggested algorithms for additional evaluations of the situation under review.
References and PubMed IDs – here you have all the references and a direct link to the abstract in the US National Library of Medicine at NCBI.
ICD-10 codes – we show you the ICD-10 codes and a brief explanation for each calculator. Our Links tab gives you access to the CMS and WHO websites with detailed explanation of all ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes.
Next Steps in Evaluation – you may be interested in additional analytics related to the specific calculator just used. The suggested analytics are categorized by clinical objective. These related calculators were selected by medical practitioners to suggest similar analytics that could be of interest for your evaluation. Hovering over the name shows you a brief description.
Testing and Verification – We make every effort to provide high quality validated software and analytics. Reliability and usability are of great importance to us. We have taken particular care in developing, verifying, testing, and maintaining our calculators, and are following our established policies.
MyMedal – personalized document storage and control. Store your algorithms and data directly on the Medal platform and access your own analytics in the MyMedal tab:
- My Likes – declare any algorithms as your favorite.
- My Saved* – save results from an evaluation with inputs and results.
- My Paths – define your own analytics workflow. Create your own assessment plan for any desired condition. Define different paths for different uses and update them individually.
- My Consult* – analysis, documentation and reporting of evaluation for individually identified cases.
- *Results and analytics are saved with identifiers of up to five characters. Character limits are in place to be in line with HIPAA privacy rules.
Consult Tool – you can generate a report of your evaluation and for your evidence-based practice needs. Store all your reports with a 5-character identifier with date and time. You can access your evaluation with your original input data, continue the analysis and store it again. See the Tutorial on top of the the MyConsult table as well as a description of professional Benefits and applications.
Accelerated Development – you can request accelerated development of a specific clinical decision analytic that shows the documentation and references, but does not show a calculator. We process requests for adding new medical calculators within one month and send you a notification. We issue updated and reviewed versions about twice a year.
- A converter for US and international measures
- Practical links to ICD code information and code conversions, cancer organizations, US and international organizations, as well as world and travel information.
Institutional subscribers – your company or organizations can get dedicated access for a fee:
- API - Application Programming Interface to execute analytics with your data on your system. Contact us to discuss your requirements and data mapping formats (HL7, LOINC, FHIR).
- iFrame - this connection sets up a direct link on your website to any analytics you select.
- Batch processing of uploaded input data is available for interested parties.
- Apervita.net – this platform is a single access point to store and manage the data needs and analytics of enterprise users.
- Monitoring and reporting for corporate users. We provide you with statistics on usage of algorithms and can assist you in setting up your required custom analytics.
Settings – here you can change all your personal information and access details.
Support – send us a message and we will support you as quickly as possible.