The World Health Organization (WHO) reported various types of contact to Ebola or Marburg Virus Disease.
The window of an exposure is 21 days.
Types of contact:
(1) human contact (see below)
(2) contact with a sick or dead animal (see below)
(3) laboratory direct contact with a biological specimen from an infected person or animal
(4) hospital where an infected person is being treated
Human contact may include:
(1) sleeping the same household
(2) direct physical contact
(3) direct contact with a deceased person
(4) direct contact with blood or bodily fluids, including being breastfed
(5) contact with a patient's bedding or clothes
Animal contact may include:
(1) direct physical contact with an infected animal
(2) direct contact with blood or body fluids
(3) butchering a carcass
(4) eating raw bush meat
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Infectious Diseases