Schizoid Personality Disorder is classified in Cluster A by the DSM. Some believe that it is not a valid diagnostic category.
Features that should be long-term characteristics for the person:
(1) detachment from close relationships, neither enjoys nor desires
(2) restricted emotions (coldness, detachment, flattened affect), overlapping with alexthymia
(3) preference for solitary activities
(4) no or little interest in having sexual experiences
(5) lacks close friends
(6) indifferent to praise or criticism
Diagnosis includes exclusion of another diagnosis that could explain the findings better, including a transient behavior or cultural difference.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.